The main objective of the Institution is to develop ethical and innovative leaders in this dynamic and global competitive environment by implementing the theory and practices of what the students have learnt in their curriculum so that they would be able to play leadership roles and contribute to the growth and development of organisations.
The Corporate Communication department keeps effective contacts with the firms/companies all over Bengaluru & India as well and is always able to get students a myriad sector of companies for placement opportunities.
To get a company to the campus for placements, the corporate communication department of the college establishes contact and finds out the requirement for conducting campus selection. At the initial stage they send their HR team to conduct a survey and decide the common pool centre for campus recruitment.
After deciding to hire, the companies ask for the resume of eligible students of final year as per their requirement. They would finalize a suitable date for conducting the campus selection at one of the consortium colleges after consultation with all stakeholders.
Normally there is a sequence for the campus recruitment which takes place which is followed by most of the Companies which is as follows –
- Pre-Placement Talk
- Written Test/Aptitude Test
- Interview – Technical and HR
Eligibility and Registration for Placement:
- 1.1 Campus Placement is meant for the final year students. All the students seeking placement should register for the campus placements with the Corporate Communication Department. Only registered students are eligible to participate in the placement activities.
- 1.2 Student can participate in the placement process of a company subject to the following conditions:
- The Placement Office has confirmed his/her registration.
- He/She meets the requirements/eligibility criteria specified.
- By the Company and
- By the BMSCCM placement policy.
- Secure an average of 60% marks
- Has to obtain 60% marks in Communication & presentation
- The student should have attended 80% of the classes.
- 1.3 All the students are expected to fulfill the attendance criteria of all the career enhancement courses/ placement training / Skill development courses conducted from first semester onwards. Those students who do not fulfill these criteria will not be allowed to avail special privileges during placements, such as the privilege of availing a second offer.
REGISTRATION FOR PLACEMENTS
- 2.1 It is Mandatory for the students to register in Corporate Communication Department for the specific company placement drive.
- 2.2 It is responsibility of the students to check announcements/notices/updated information displayed in the notice board.
- 2.3 Students are advised go through the company website and register only if interested.
- 2.4 Interested students should register on or before the date specified by the placement office. Late registration will not be accepted.
PLACEMENT PROCESS & DISCIPLINE:
- 3.1 Students are expected to be on time for the placement process as per the announcements.
- 3.2 Attendance in PPT (Pre Placement Talk) is mandatory after registration, to be eligible for further placement process.
- 3.3 Students are allowed to quit if so desired only after the PPT, provided student give sufficient reason as to how the information given during PPT made them change their mind.
- 3.4 Students proceeding after the PPT for the next step in the selection process of a Company cannot quit in between. If a student quits in between then he/she will not be allowed to appear in any other future placement event.
- 3.5 Late comers for Aptitude/GD/Interview may not be allowed to appear for the selection process.
- 3.6 Any kind of misbehaviour/complaints reported by the company officials will be taken seriously & if proven the student will be debarred from future campus placements.
- 3.7 Students must be formally dressed whenever they participate in placement activities. The Institution reserves the right to refuse permission to a student to attend the selection process, if their attire/appearance is unsatisfactory.
- 3.8 Students must bring their identity cards with them whenever they go through a placement process.
- 4.1 Once a student is selected/ made an offer he/she is out of further campus placement drives.
- 4.2 If a student has been recruited by a company, the concerned student will not be allowed to appear for any other campus placements arranged by the college.
- 4.3 If a student receives more than one offer owing to delay in the announcements of results by the companies, the student is bound to accept the job offer whose results are declared earlier.
- 4.4 If results are declared on the same day, the student may choose from the offers in hand and inform placement office his/her choice, within 24 hours of announcements of results.
- 4.5 Offers received from the companies must be collected as per the timings in circular/notice. The responsibility of going through the offer letter and taking actions therein such as submission of documents lies entirely with the student.
- 4.6 In case offers are received directly by the student from the company, the same must be intimated to the placement office within three days of notification
The companies that have participated in placement for the present ongoing semester are as follows:
Contact Details for Campus Placement
Dr. Preethi Stanley
Head – Corporate Communication Department
C. No – +91-9845148974